Friday, July 18, 2014

Slowly, but slowly

Snatch Triple (off blocks)
-15 minutes to work to tough, clean set (245)

Front Squat Single
-10 minutes to work on slow tempo, quality reps

"Elizabeth"
21-15-9
Full (squat) clean (135)
Ring Dip
4:42

PM w the Class
Ascending Ground to Overhead EMOM @ 135
-10 minutes

Row 500m(1:22)

Overall was a quality day training wise.  I felt a little sluggish this morning, but was still able to get some quality lifting in.  I'm still hesitant to do anything "heavier" from the ground as my shoulder continues to heal.

Snatching off blocks helps with understanding proper positioning through the movement.  I'm a big fan of it, unless someone hasn't yet developed the stability strength to load eccentrically to the position worked.  It's also a little easier on the body, (being that you don't have to pick the bar up every time).....

Front squatting has always been a huge weakness of mine, so I'm trying to incorporate it much more this year.  Today was just singles w quality positioning.  Nothing overloaded, slower tempo (3 count ecentric).

All conditioning today was unplanned, highly intensive, but nothing too taxing physically.

Unsure of what a "good" "Elizabeth" time is, I was definitely pleased with how it went today, considering 3 years ago when I started CrossFit this workout would have taken me 15plus minutes.

 #ohdemsquatcleans


No comments:

Post a Comment