Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Monday
Strength
Regionals "Jackie" Collapse
Snatch 7x2 (touch & go)
Hatch squat (restart)

Conditioning
15s airdyne EMOM x10

Tuesday
Strength
Cleans 7x2 (touch & go)
Strict press 5x5

Condition
2 min ME muscle ups
5min AMRAP
50 double unders
15 burpees
2 min ME muscle ups

The past couple days have consisted of some heavy lifting w very little conditioning. Typically I like taking the first part of the week and going heavy and shorter, testing anaerobic capacity.  Then I'll take Friday and Saturday as, aerobic testing days (in a sense it's all testing).  For me, at this time getting stronger (while maintaining conditioning) is my main focus because that is my main weakness.  CrossFit can really expose your weaknesses, and everybody definitely does not have the same weakness.  Overall, it's great to have goals of getting stronger, but I think too often within CrossFit, people can forget the magic of where it all began.....in a "metcon".  CrossFit is not olympic lifting.  Nor is it powerlifting.  Nor is it burpees.lol  It's all of these, and that's what makes the sport so great.  I just feel like people need to keep an open mind, and be careful when they say they're CrossFitting because they ran, and then did burpees....  Or they picked up a yoke, and walked 20 feet lol.  You must keep doing new things and challenging yourself to different movements......  The way you're going to get better at things is by doing them!

Monday went great.  I started w doubles on snatch, and really challenged myself going "touch and go" this week.  I worked to 225, and failed at 235.  Multiple heavy oly lifts will wear you out!  I restarted the hatch squat program this time w a max 25lbs higher than previous, so I may be in for a rude awakening days after squatting.  We'll see how it goes...

Tuesday I did the same doubles w cleans.....  And after squatting Monday, my legs were a little tired to say the least....  I worked to 275.  Hit it for one, and then my legs just couldn't handle a 2nd.  Overall though I was very pleased and fortunate.

Hopefully I can get some deadlifting and squats in again before the weekend!  Beach body here we come!!!lol

No comments:

Post a Comment