Monday, June 3, 2013

Moved to A

Strength
Snatch (1 EMOM x10 @ 80%)
Hatch Squat Program

Aux movement
Corey and I working really hard.
3 rounds (not for time)
10 RDL
10 strict toes 2 bar
1 min handstand hold

Condition
12ish min AMRAP
7 Ground to overhead (155)
7 Front squats
7 shoulder to overhead

What a past few days it has been!  Since Friday, my days have consisted of doing whatever it takes to get to the "new gym"....  And we made it happen!!!  Kinda.  We were able to get everything over and install all our equipment, but there's still lots to do.  Everything from rolls of toilet paper to the "Rogue" (reverse hyper) was taken across the parking lot to building A Saturday. Once everything was moved we then installed both rigs w the help of Dennis.  Haha & Dennis is the man.  He'll make your ears bleed, but when it comes time to work, he doesn't play around (which I love).  He spent half a day Saturday installing our wall mounted rig, and all day Sunday helping us w the new infinity rig.  He's quite the hard worker....and I sure love the guy... as long as I'm not hungry or tired when he starts to talk.lol.  

Sunday was such an amazing picture of what CrossFit is all about in A13 to me....  I think Dave put up some type of notice on facebook calling for help to clean the place as we finished installation, and we had more than enough people show up to help do whatever was needed to get that place set to go.  The community at Southern Moon is so serving! It means a lot to me when people are willing to give up their own free time in service to others. "Time" is invaluable, and for everyone that spent theirs w us Sunday, I am very grateful.. And it was all functional movements...lol like sweeping and.....

Needless to say, training was a little different for the past few days.  I did nothing "gym wise" for the Sat & Sun except move equipment...which I guess I could count those as "rest" days.  So I was excited about getting some work in today.  After such a heavy week last week, I started w some lighter oly technique work.  All 10 snatches felt pretty good.  Typically when I do snatch work, things begin to "click" better the longer I go, so reps 9&10 of this EMOM were feeling great.......  I squatted some, and moved right along to the "death by barbell" metcon.  It may have been the heat I was experiencing, but I think my shoes are still wet from this one.  It beat me up!

Dayna also trained w me today...  And let me just say, she is a champ.  She matched me step for step on everything I did today.  Doing WORK Daynerz!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment