Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Some of us PRing our sunburn!!
Monday 7/15/13

Strength/Skill
Hatch squat
Snatch (EMOM)

Condition
Airdyne

This past weekend was a great time!  The Greenville Games was a huge success! It was awesome to see everyone safely push themselves to their limits under the pressure of competition.  I am so proud of everyone in the Southern Moon Family, as well as those I know from other local affiliates.

To recap parts of the team competition....
Jarvis and I started things off bright and early w a max clean attempt followed by an 800m sprint (400 each).  We both PR'd in the clean department!  I hit a PR on my power clean (legs were just too dead to do full), and Jarvis hit a PR for a double full clean.  Unfortunately for the scoring, Jarvis hit his PR double in the warm up area. Goshdangit! lol Nevertheless, we both survived the early heavy lifting(my worst lift) and were ready to make up any ground lost.

After doing well in the skills division, workout number 2 entailed KB swings & burpees.  I absolutely love this workout for the rx individual division.  It's so simplistic, yet will make any grown man completely collapse in a matter of minutes.lol  Jarvis and I did really well on this one and finished just 3 reps short of 10 full rounds.

15 hours later lol we started workout #3.  This one was right in Jarvis's wheelhouse and I think we both felt pretty confident we could make up some ground going in...  We flew through everything unbroken w decent speed and ended up winning the workout!  Overall, we finished 2nd!  Not that it really matters, but I do think we get some shoes or something.  So that'll be nice!  And luckily for us, the boys from up North had to drop out after workout one.  Otherwise, that long day could have been just a little longer.lol

One thing that is clearly evident after this weekend is that CrossFit is for everyone!  As I glanced around, I noticed people from all walks of life.  No matter the ability, goal, age, race, athletic background, wristwrap size lol
, etc. it doesn't matter in CrossFit.  It's for anyone willing to push themselves and work hard.....  and it's very encouraging for me to see all these people "let go" and put forth all they have in an event like this.
 
A huge thanks to Brandon Chapin and CrossFit Reaction for putting on such a great event!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment