Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wednesday

Box squat
Mechanics 101 @ 11pm on a school night
5x3

1k row for time (3:10)
rest 3 mins
100 wall balls unbroken (finished just over 3 mins)

It has been a few weeks since my last entry.  Lots of good time has been put into training and hanging out w those I love.

The upstate affiliate league is now underway! & the first Saturday was a blast.  I think it's great for all the local affiliates to get together and compete.  There's nothing like it.  NOT for the sake of winning (it's an upstate affiliate league, lets be real), but for the chance to prove to yourself and to others that you're willing to lay your training on the line and possibly become a little vulnerable.  There's no substitute for competition.  No matter the sport.  However, CrossFit is different in that there's great progress regardless of the result.  If you're basing your performance on whether you win or lose a competition then you're there for the wrong reason.  W CrossFit anyway....  In any other (high level) sports there are no moral victories.  If you win, you've won.  If you lose, you've lost... It's simple.lol

Also, the Greenville Games is this weekend!!  It should be another awesome event for the CrossFit community in the upstate.  I'm looking forward to competing w Jarvis in the team competition.  I think if we can get a little uncomfortable on the clean/sprint workout, we may be able to do well together.  A PR for us both is right around the corner!!  We also have lots of people from our gym competing.  I'm excited for them to experience what a fun, well-run competition is like..

Training for me has been going fairly well.  Lately, I've really backed away from lots of crazy volume (mainly due to lack of time), and put forth a little more effort towards just barbell work.  This is the time of year for me to get a little stronger and put on some weight.  Which I have (put on weight at least).  I've added some more "faster absorbing" carbs to my diet and I've put on a solid 5-10lbs!  Which is cool and all until I do muscle ups.lol

This weekend's gonna be a blast!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment